Do you like giant walkers? Do you like rolling endless amounts of dice? Is Green your favorite color? Then you've come to the right place...because I'm working on an ork stompa, which brings new meaning to the word "Dakka Dakka!"
So I found a little spot on the top to take the crows nest, and it worked pretty good.
| || |
I then setup a second magnet for the other banner...it will turn out to not be enough. Here is the little rig I made for the banner, and the second magnet position. Note that little flat area? That was for the FIRST banner. Good job Greg. Of course I can't glue anything to the back of the stompa, as he will be laying down into a foam box.
| || |
My old trick with using the magnets "in" the smoke stack wasn't working either. So I used a technique shared by misterjustin. He shows you how to take some puddy to make an impression of where an object is, so you drill the correct point. Works great getting magnet expressions! It wasn't perfect, but it got really close to being perfect!
I also made a little rig up so the chainsword arm doesn't slam into the table if it pops off it's magnets. The magnets hold, but not if you directly wack the sword. Oh that sounds bad.
| || |
Next I had to setup the ammo box for the main gun. This kit never ends. :). Luckily I had things mostly within spec, and I was able to glue and mount everything just right, so it all lines up...and once again detaches with the main gun so its easier to transport! (and paint!)
| || |
At this point I started gluing on tiny platforms for grots to stand on. This caused the banner to flop off. Oh my...so I glued it to the smoke stacks. So much for my little tiny rig to hold the banner up! I also decided I wanted a giant eye on my stompa..so I took the light and did some modifications to glue it to the face.
My Gorkanaut (which I finished for the priming session)
New objective Markers
Bases for the dreads
My Deff Dread (which the replacement parts came in for and I finished!)
and 1.25 cans of Chaos Black primer (and my airbrush!) to the garage
You can see lots of the random bits I left laying around. I also left the grot heads grey so I could wash them quickly. (they'll have little vents over top of them).
After doing this with the stompa, I think I am going to abandon a lot of my other plans. I want a bad moonz walker force, so I'm going to be doing alllllll the dreads like this now. I hope you all like heavily weathered yellows and oranges!