Read on to see the individual grots, and how it looks with the mega dread in place!
I used a series of 1/8 x 1/16 magnets (3mm x 1.5mm for proper folks), to attach the grots to the base. I first determined where the legs of the megadread should go, and drilled and pinned small rods in those sections to help kept it steady. The dread itself is pretty heavy and stands on it's own, so it's more just an insurance policy then anything else.
I made sure to put the mega dread on a knight base so I could use it as a counts as morkanaut. (I don't like buying multiple of the same model, especially when they are all 80 USD+). The hull marker grots will help reinforce this, as I can run five when it's a morkanaut, or three when I'm playing it as a mega dread!
Hopefully by Monday I'll have some actual paint on the mega dread! Thanks for stopping by and reading! Hope you all have a great weekend!