+++ SECURITY LEVEL: VERMILLION
+++ FYEO: IAPETUS
+++ SUBJECT: SECTOR ANOMALY
SECURE ARTIFACT.STOP.PHYSICAL NATURE OF ARTIFACT/DEVICE MISALIGNED WITH PSY-GRAVITRON SURVEY (REF: E13_001). STOP.ESTABLISH PERIMETER AND SECURE.STOP.ASTROPATHIC COMM EXPERIENCING INCREASING DEGRADATION.STOP.SECTOR NAVIGATION REDUCED BY 0.25. PROSECUTE WITH EXTREME PREJUDICE.STOP.
+++ MESSAGE END
* ** FORWARD TO DRAIGO, GRAND MASTER, ORDO MALLEUS, TITAN
*** PRIORITY ALPHA RESPONSE REQUESTED
Ok, I'll stop digging now that I'm at the bottom of the hole.
I have to say that, we're all pretty excited. We've been talking up the game and trash talking since...September? We've had a lot of fun building up our forces, figuring out what we're going to bring and seeing what sort of surprises show up.
Also that this will be the first part of a three part story. Just to bring everyone up to speed with how we are planning on laying this story out, the framework for the way forward will look something like this the following notes. These items are a work in progress, more brainstorming than anything, so any decisions about the scenario design still need to be finalized.
Anyway, the narrative framework is looking like this right now:
Part 1: Assault on Pathos IV
Scenario notes: Previous emails and notes
Part 2: Defense of the Artifact
Scenario notes [WIP thoughts]:
- The winner of Part 1 is the defender in Part 2
- The Imperium is desperate to acquire Titus and therefore will do anything to seize him.
- In order to find him, the Imperium receives 1 VP for each foot/Walker unit that makes base to base contact with the Artifact. As soon as B2B contact is made, the unit is removed from the table. More on this later.
- The DEldar do not want the Imperium sending forces into the Chaos portal, known as the "Artifact" and must prevent Imperial units from coming into B2B contact. The DEldar do not want more entities with knowledge of physical world roaming around the Chaos realms
Part 3: Optional Game
- Imperial/Grey Knight player(s) must defeat Titus in assault, then move him to the Artifact.
- Opposing units drawn from Codex: Demons, 2000 pts, use the "without number" rule. No flyers.
Next week..."Assault on Pathos IV!"