This was my first time painting a thin model made from finecast, and it was miserable. The model feels like it is going to snap and fall apart at anytime. Extremely brittle when painting, and I worry about it shattering into a million pieces if it falls.
You'll notice that his cloak is missing a section that used to stick out to the right. Well it snapped off, and no amount of pinning or gluing would make it right again. The material is just not durable enough.
Even though the model was a pain to work with, I did quite like how he came out. I got a new set of brushes over xmas, and they are fantastic at dry brushing and doing detail work. I also got some new bronze paints which let me do some decent highlights on them...which is always difficult to show case in photos, but looks great on the table.
I should be set for while. :)