First I started on the base with some Mournfang brown. Quite messy at this point!
At this point I also do a light dry brush with Khemri over the mud areas to help add some depth.
A much lighter dry brush is given to the under layer of dirt/mud.
(Note, slight tonal change here. My poor use of camera phone)
I quickly dabbed off the excess wash, and was perturbed with the resulting pink color. In typical Greg fashion, I decided the best way to deal with this, was to make all the rocks pink.
You can see the effect of dabbing off the excess with a towel here. It leaves a random variety of pink in the crevices and imperfections in the rock faces.
That definitely looks better. But it's not there yet. So of course, I dumped devlan mud all over the thing.
Now comes the hard part. Actually painting the Mega Dread! I'll be working on that for the next few weeks, with periodic updates here on the blog. Thanks for stopping by and checking out my progress! Have a great weekend everybody!