1) Work on the shaded basecoat method some.
2) Try to make some bases for the different sides of the ork army
3) Fiddle with weathering powders.
I think I did a pretty good job with these goals...although I don't know if I actually produced anything?
Note: When everyone mentions to you "use weathering pigments sparingly, they are very concentrated and strong"...LISTEN TO THEM!!!!!
Actually looks pretty moldy, nurgly, so not the most awful of effects. Very drastically different then just an image or two previously. I added so little...so little powder!
1) Shaded basecoat is a fun way to paint, but have an idea of where you want to go with it...otherwise you'll end up with really odd looking things. (Plan your palette!)
2) Secret weapon washes are super crazy awesome.
3) Use weathering powders EXTREMELY sparingly. If you think you are barely using any at all, use less then that.
I hope you guys enjoyed some of my experimentation. I'm going to keep trying different things, until I find just the right combination. Should be interesting! Thanks for all your wonderful comments and visits!