Hey everyone! Sorry I haven't been blogging as much (but still keeping up on twitter and instagram), but I have been very busy Hobbying away. This is one of the first years where I left Nova, and immediately continued painting. I've also been extremely excited about the orks, and been planning and painting away some of the new units. First up is one of the new Jump Dragsta's!
This was a great piece of kit (except for the mouldines) and fun to put together and paint. I concentrated on previous critique of my chipping, and tried to concentrate it on the forward section of the plates, where the band would be blasting off the paint as it moves with 0.1 inches of clearance at hundreds of miles an hour.
Since the model was so new, I didn't have any resin bases for it. I used a combination of vallejo paste and stirland mud to create the texture. I didn't want to do too much to it, as the model is pretty big on the base, so wanted to go simplier then more complicated. This also let me play a little with some subtle osl on the back terrain with some powders.
I also had a lot of fun painting some tiny details, like a BSOD on the targeting computer the grot was using :).
Some shots of the buggy in production! You can see how I broke it down into nice sub assemblies. Below is also the paint guide and steps used in making it!
Was a fun kit, and now I have to start on the next one! Some FW Grots will be up next on the blog! Thanks for visiting!