Welcome my friends! It's been a great week in the Greggles bunker. Lots of green filled out on the to do list! (pun intended!). Lets jump right to it with the finished weirdboy #2!
I had a lot of fun with this guy. It's basically just a savage ork boss with a cool lightning staff modification. That's about it. I went to town on getting some glowing effects and they seemed to work pretty well for the tabletop!
Pretty pleased with him, looks pretty vicious!
Next up is the waaagh banner nob! This guy took ages to do. So many little divets and pieces. And it took me a while to figure out how to exactly match the dreads armor plates via paint (vs airbrushing). Turned out pretty well in the end, and its almost a 100% match on the tone and style. (just smaller for the figures).
If i have time, I'll be adding that strong highlight to allllll the dreads making it to nova. Still got a lot to do though!
Last finished model is one of the slugga nobz. He came out really good as well. The new skin technique really pops on the larger models, as it adds so many variances in tone!
With these characters done, I took a nice chunk out of the to do list.
Been actually been using this to keep organized! Getting really close to done now (though nova is rapidly approaching!). You might notice the buggies. That is something totally new. I decided to try and run a brigade, as I had all the requirements (except for adding a few more boyz and grots), outside of a fast slot. I didn't feel like painting 15 stormboyz, so I went with the next fastest thing, which was buggies. Of course GW hasn't made a ork buggy kit since end of 2E, so I decided to find some 3rd party solutions.
I went with some deadzone maurader raptor buggies. They were really cheap (now I know why), and looked suitably orkish. Boy does GW spoil us. These are made of the same type of resin/plastic that the older privateer press models are made of, and boy is it awful. The worst of plastic and the worst of resin. I gave up trying to make them clean. I'm just going to cover them in chipping and powders and hope everyone ignores them for the most part. They look "ok" at a distance, but virtually every part was warped, covered in deep difficult to remove mouldlines, and there are miscastings and mouldslips all over the place. Hopefully GW makes some decent buggies soon so I can replace them later. They'll work for right now!
In terms of infantry left to do, I just have to do the metallics and powders on 13 choppa boyz (so close!), then do another 2 choppa boyz (i miscounted doh!), 2 gretchin (for the crew of a lobba), 3 crew (for the buggies), and one slugga nob. Oh and I have to finish mad doc, which as wyou can see, has a bunch of yellow armor plates, which take about 4-5 coats of yellow to get looking right. (airbrushing yellow spoils you!).
Looking forward to painting the last nob though, he looks awesome! Hope you are enjoying my Mordain7th inspired painting spree! Thanks for stopping by!